PTSD Treatment Near Middlesex
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can disrupt your life and make it hard to operate on a daily basis. Thankfully, expert treatment can help. If you’re ready to work through former traumas and progress in your life, call The Counseling Center at Middlesex at 732-629-9510 today. We provide dignified, specialized PTSD treatment near Middlesex for adolescents, adults, and veterans in a protected location.
What Is PTSD?
The mental health disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder has the potential to occur if you endure or observe a traumatic event or sequence of events.
This includes military conflict, abuse or violence, rape or sexual assaults, serious accidents, natural disasters, harassment, or any other highly stressful or persistent experience that threatens your well-being. Any person can suffer from PTSD at any stage in their life.
PTSD can be debilitating when symptoms interfere with living a regular, satisfying life. These symptoms can encompass
- Feelings of stress even when the events has long since passed
- Invasive thoughts and nightmares about the traumatic incident
- Graphic flashbacks to the event
- Blotting out portions of the event
- Avoiding reminders of the trauma, such as people or places involved
- Feelings of humiliation or self-reproach
- Continual fear and suspicion
- Poor concentration
- Easily startled
- Constantly on guard and untrusting
- Problems sleeping
- Irritability and anger
- Diminished interest in activities once enjoyed
- Withdrawing from friends and family or feeling detached from others
- Careless or self-destructive behaviors
- Hopelessness or feeling emotionally numb
Many people suffer these kinds of symptoms in the immediate period of time succeeding a traumatic event. However, PTSD may also arise years following the trauma. Some individuals might even endure PTSD by knowing that another individual -- like a relative or a close friend -- went through a disturbing occurrence. You could have PTSD if your symptoms last longer than a month and hinder you from functioning as usual.
If you struggle with PTSD, the compassionate clinicians at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Middlesex want to help. Our skilled staff know what you’re going through and has expertise helping individuals like you cope with PTSD. Place a call to 732-629-9510 now to arrange an evaluation and talk about how we are able to help you get control over past incidents.
How Will The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
You’re not able to alter the truth that you have experienced trauma, but expert PTSD treatment near Middlesex can prevent it from wrecking your life. The Counseling Center provides therapy and medical treatment for PTSD as an aspect of our extensive mental health services. We’ll move forward at at your preferred pace to help you heal from trauma and manage the symptoms of PTSD so you are able to live a After we assess your medical history and symptoms, we’ll design a personal treatment plan with evidence-based therapy and medication to fit your distinct needs for addressing PTSD. Reach out to us at 732-629-9510 today to schedule an appointment and get started on your individualized PTSD treatment near Middlesex.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Middlesex
Discussing your experiences and emotions with a certified therapist is crucial for PTSD treatment. Our therapists comprehend the devastating nature of trauma and we keep that in mind during discussions. Over the course of your treatment, you’ll have the chance to change detrimental thought patterns, master healthy coping skills, and begin to heal. Together, we can help you to a point where you’re not just making it through but thriving in spite of past experiences.
The credentialed therapists at The Counseling Center utilize various types of PTSD therapy near Middlesex. We will recommend the therapies we feel will best accommodate your needs. These can include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that examines how trauma has impacted all areas of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to uncover thought patterns that are preventing you from healing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to develop coping skills for controlling the painful emotions emerging from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to uncover the inner motivation, so you can make the necessary changes to advance healing and living a healthier life
Using Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can lead to many physical and mental symptoms that make living challenging. Some of these symptoms can be managed with the correct prescription drugs when paired with PTSD therapy near Middlesex. Our qualified medical staff will get together with you to decide when medication is needed and find the appropriate one for you. We’ll also carry out necessary modifications and are always here to answer questions to make sure your medicine remains safe and beneficial for you.
Why Seek Help At Our Middlesex PTSD Treatment Center?
There’s no need to battle PTSD by yourself. The Counseling Center is ready to assist, and we supply the best care possible to help you reach your goals for handling your stressors and trauma. Everything we provide at our PTSD treatment center near Middlesex puts an emphasis on you as the patient. That includes:
- Licensed, skilled therapists and clinicians
- Evidence-based techniques and prescription treatments for PTSD
- Care tailored to you
- Various options of mental health treatments
- Conveniently located near Middlesex
- Flexible schedules with telehealth appointments available
- The majority of insurance accepted
- Specialized treatment for co-occurring drug or alcohol disorders
- Compassionate, respectful care
Start PTSD Treatment Near Middlesex
If you have PTSD, you deserve help. Reach out to us at 732-629-9510 or fill out the following form, and we will reply right away to provide more info about our PTSD treatment. We always answer, irregardless of the time or day. We are here to assist you today.