Substance use treatment looks different for each individual. As an aspect of our various treatment options, The Counseling Center offers Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for Middlesex area individuals. This beneficial approach helps many people manage the symptoms of drug or alcohol withdrawal and curb cravings that urge them to resume their substance use. Under the watchful eye of our experienced clinicians, you may receive medication treatment to help you advance in your addiction recovery and aid you in reaching your goals of sobriety.
How Medication-assisted Treatment Works
Medication-assisted treatment utilizes FDA-approved medications to ease the symptoms and urges of substance addiction. We understand that withdrawal effects and cravings are rough and make it a challenge to deal with substance use.
We combat those urges with medications such as Suboxone and Vivitrol. Our licensed medical staff will work with you to figure out your ideal medication and dosage. As you undergo MAT in Middlesex, we track how you respond to the medication to make sure you don’t have adverse side effects and you keep getting the treatment on schedule.
Medication-assisted treatment is most effective when integrated with licensed therapy, support groups, and healthy sober practices. The Counseling Center in Middlesex is proud to provide this extensive degree of support. We merge medical and mental health care to treat the “whole you” and fight alcohol and drug addiction on all fronts to offer the best opportunity for recovery.
Suboxone And Vivitrol For Medication-assisted Treatment
The Counseling Center makes use of prescription medicines such as Suboxone and Vivitrol to avert cravings and relapse during drug or alcohol use recovery. Here are some of the reasons why we trust these prescriptions for MAT near Middlesex.
- Daily medication ingested orally for opioid addiction
- Obstructs brain receptors to stop cravings
- Acceptable to utilize for longer durations under proper Medical guidance
- Low risk of addiction
- Once a month injection for opioid and alcohol addition
- Blocks the brain from enjoying the endorphins from alcohol or drug use
- Safe for longer duration use under licensed medical supervision
Why We Offer MAT In Middlesex
Serving you with Medication-assisted treatment in Middlesex is just one way The Counseling Center emphasizes patient-centric care. For numerous individuals, mitigating cravings provides an added boost in their recovery, and we strive to find solutions that foster a life of sobriety.
MAT supplies a range of potential benefits for substance use recovery:
- Diminishes withdrawal symptoms
- Ends cravings
- Helps prevent relapse and overdose
- Gives you the chance to hone in on recovery
- Provides a greater probability of long-term recovery
- Provides a treatment possibility that integrates easily into your daily routine